I was popular in high school. Now I am popular on the web.
Back in high school, there was always that one popular kid. He was the talk of the entire school.
Search engines work the same. They find popular pages (kids) and list them in top results.
Sometimes those popular kids are not the brightest, and neither are search results. Some individuals share information they learned from the web and share this "expert" information with you on their website. They are SEO, experts and they rank on the first page.
When you search for, "how to get money for a business", what are the search results?
This is what I got.
Ways to Raise Money for Your New Business
Tap Personal Savings. Tapping your own piggy bank is the easiest way to finance a small business. ...
Sell Personal Assets. ...
Take On A Side Gig. ...
Use Credit Cards. ...
Borrow Against Your Home. ...
Take Out a Bank Loan. ...
Cash in Retirement Accounts. ...
7(a) Loan Program.
For the respect and privacy, of the other website(s), I won't mention where I got these results, however, I am sure it won't be hard for you to find it on the search engine, since they are the top-ranking SEO experts.
Now let's go over several of these suggestions.
1. Tap Personal Savings. If you are searching for how to get money for a business you probably don't have Personal Savings, if you did you would not be doing the search.
2. Sell Personal Assets. Most likely the things you have are the things that you need, so unless you plan on selling your soul, that one is definitely not in your criteria.
3. Take On A Side Gig. If you work a full-time job for 8 hours per day, and another 8 hours doing a side gig, when in the world do you think you'll have time for your business?
4. Use Credit Cards. (What credit cards? Personal? Business?) It's all the same.
What Is the Small Business Failure Rate?
20% of small businesses fail in their first year, 30% of small businesses fail in their second year, and 50% of small businesses fail after five years in business. Finally, 70% of small business owners fail in their 10th year in business. This information is pulled from Fundera, on 4/3/2020.
Are you ready to risk your personal credit on something it's already set in stone to fail?
5. Borrow Against Your Home. Great idea, let's add more people to the homeless list, because what we already have simply isn't enough.
6. Take Out A Bank Loan. Yes, the banks are waiting to just hand out the money to everyone.
7. Cash In The Retirement Accounts. You are better off cashing in your retirement accounts to join a Country Club and play a round of golf, then to invest it into a start-up business.
8. Loan Program. We are back to number 6 and 4 for some reason again?
It all sounds so simple and so easy, yet about 6.5 million businesses are started each year, according to some search result data result I found on the internet, yet we keep hearing of a hand full of companies and brands over and over again.
Name one small business that you know of that has truly succeed based on the list previously provided on how to obtain funding, and don't say Facebook, because they are the hand full of companies I mentioned we hear about every day.
I am not trying to discourage from starting a business. The point of this article is to point out to you that you need to stop wasting your time looking for the answers you already know and start looking for the answer you don't know.
There are employers and there are employees. The goal is to have more employees and fewer employers, this way the rich can stay, and become richer. If everyone was an employer who would work?
The information you'll find on the web will most likely discourage you from starting your own business, or point you in the wrong direction.